Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * About The Show * Parking < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cathie Jamieson (cathie)
Username: cathie

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 159.214.124.1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there somewhere at the fields I can park a uhaul overnight?

R Clay Smith (dasbullihaus)
Expert
Username: dasbullihaus

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 71.234.251.80

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gary I know of no wheelchair handicap parking but there is handicap parking in both Hertan's and May's lots. They are just "field" parking so there should be no problem getting enough pace to unload and load up.

Gary C. Stein (garystein)
Username: garystein

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 76.127.133.0

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2011 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where would I find wheelchair-accessible parking?

Annie Christensen

Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've read that the best parking is in the middle of town even though it costs more. This will be my first time to the show, how will I know when I've hit the center of town? The parking information says it's best to be patient and pass by all the people trying to flag motorists down on their way into the show but I'm just wondering how I'll know when I've arrived at the best place to park? Are their signs that say it's the middle of town? Also, since the show is so spread out, is there one place that is the best place to park. Thanks so much for your help!

Al Goss

Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Annie
You didn't say whether you were coming in from East or West? From the West, the far end of the show is Brimfield Acres North. Coming from the East, the far end of the show is J and J on the left, and Mahogany Ridge (about where Rt 19 joins Rt 20). I usually park at Central Park or New England Motel, which are both, pretty much in the middle of things.

Annie

Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Al,
I'm not sure if I'm coming from the east or west :-) but I'll be coming from Lee, MA. Do you know by any chance how long it takes to get from Lee to Brimfield? Do you think that no matter what show you are seeing that it's best to park in the middle? If I wanted to go to the J&J show should I still park in the middle?
Thanks for anwering my post - I appreciate it.

Al Goss

Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Annie
From Lee, you'll spend about an hour on the Pike getting to Palmer. Exit the Pike in Palmer, take a right on Rt32, then a left on Rt20 to Brimfield. You've got about 8 miles to go there, so figure another half hour or so. The J and J field is at the far East end of town, and they have their own parking lot. Of course, they're only open Friday and Saturday. I guess if I were only going to the J and J show, I'd probably park there....If I were you though, I'd park somewhere on the left side of Rt20 coming toward the east end....It's a lot easier exit going West, and you'll be able to take a right to head west if you follow my suggestion.
Good hunting!....and as I usually say, if you happen upon an old geezer strapped onto a banjo, stop me and say hello.

Katie Farro

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it possible to get there too early to park? I'm coming from Stamford, CT on Friday, May 13th and plan to leave at 4:30am...arriving before 7:30am. Thanks,
Katie

Al Goss

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Katie

7:30 is definitely not too early to park. I think Friday the J and J show opens pretty early...you can check their opening time here on this site. Parking fields are open earlier than show opening time. Happy hunting!
Al G

Sharon

Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know if there is parking to accomodate a motorhome for the day?

brad

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

definitely parking for motorhome for the day is no problem... most lots will accept RVs.

Mike Lizonitz (Magicmike)

Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About what are normal parking fees?

Al Goss (Algoss)

Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mike - Depends on where you park and what day you come. Anywhere between three and 12 dollars. Parking is generally $5.00 or so at either edge of town, and increases as you get to the center of town. Parking at the church at the corner of Rt19 and Rt20 is usually the most expensive.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration