Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * About The Show * Newbie interested in Mid-Century Modern < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Dream DeskHillarie Porter 5-03-12  5:00 pm
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brad Johnson (bradjohnson)
Expert
Username: bradjohnson

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 96.39.28.216

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Diana,

It is very hard to know exactly where one might find dealers of specific items, because there is no "central controlling authority" or "central directory" of dealers. In a way, thats the beauty of the Brimfield Show...

If you haven't searched the Dealer Database, please go ahead and do that... but my personal suggestion is that for finer antiques, you should be concentrating on the "finer" fields... esp. like J&J, Heart of the Mart, Mays, etc.

On a personal note, I have found Danish Modern on the corner of Rt 19 and Rt 20 - right across the street from the Unitarian Church - tables, chairs, credenzas, dish lockers, etc...

Hope it helps, have fun,
Wayne

(Message edited by bradjohnson on May 13, 2009)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diana B (dsbrennan)
Username: dsbrennan

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 68.226.84.161

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 5:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey all - this will be my first year going to the show and I'd love some recommendations on where to find dealers of mid-century, danish modern, Eames/Saarinen type pieces.

I searched the message board but didn't dig anything up.

Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration