Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * About The Show * Welcome to the Show! < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan Williams (nycsfx)
Username: nycsfx

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 74.72.232.162

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,

I was interested in attending the show early this year on May 8th to meet dealers. I'm wondering if it's possible to enter the show a day early or if I need to register as a dealer? And how do I go about registering as a dealer? Thank you for your help :-)

Dan

Jamie Bazso (jamieinct)
Username: jamieinct

Posted From: 167.219.88.140

Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Everyone!! Just wondering which day(s) are the best time to go? My SIL and I want to go but I think the only day she can go this year is the May show for Day 1, and it looks like not all areas are open that day. Last time I went it was on the last day and a beautiful sunny day so it was crazy but fun!

Just looking for any advice as to what y'all think the best day is, and if you have been to the show on day 1, what your thoughts are.

Thank you!!

Michael Lewis (harleywiz)
Username: harleywiz

Posted From: 74.70.83.119

Posted on Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
My wife and I are thinking of attending this years show but were just wondering about the dealers? is the show all antiques or are there dealers that sell new items?

Administrator (Admin)

Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for visiting the NEW Brimfieldshow Inquiry Board!

Feel free to begin new conversation strings and topics as required - this is a great place to ask questions and share advice and ideas about the Brimfield Show.

Remember, this board is yours to use as you wish...except no advertising of any kind is permitted except by brimfieldshow.com advertisers.

We monitor these boards and any inappropriate posts or advertising will be deleted immediately.

If you wish to post advertising-related posts, you must first become an advertiser by going here: http://www.brimfieldshow.com/advertising.html

Brandi Maniscalco

Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If we purcahse large items do the dealers work with you to get them to your home? We live in New York city.

AnnMarieMaccarone

Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brandi,

You can pay to have the items shipped. There are movers on site at the fair. I dont know the costs. I usually rent a van when I am looking for a particular item that is difficult to transport. The dealers are helpful to load your vehicle. Have fun!! It is a great fair

arden lawand

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what are the details as per parking ( one large distant location or several, cost etc.) Also traffic - is rt 20 prone to traffic jams during the show. I have spent a lot of time in Madison Bouckville NY just waiting to get out of parking areas.

Al Goss

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Arden

Parking ranges from $3 to $7, and there are lots all the way up and down Rt 20. The cheapest parking would be at either end of town, the more expensive in the middle. Depending on the day you attend, parking is plentiful and not a problem.

Traffic, on the other hand is fairly heavy, again depending on the day and time you attend. Still, not a real problem, as even in traffic, you can amuse yourself by watching the crowds and looking at the "stuff" they're carting away. It still won't take more than 15 or 20 minutes to get out of town even on the busiest days.

If you're looking to buy larger stuff, I'd suggest mid-town parking so you won't have so far to lug it.

At any rate, it's a fun show, very colorful, and most folks are extremely friendly.

Come, enjoy! and if you see an old codger with a baseball hat with a banjo strapped on, stop me and say hi!

Administrator (Admin)

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

{I'll be looking for that hat and banjo, Al!}

p.s. Parking is now ranging up to $9.00 - expensive, yes, but still worth it to park in the center or the show.

Of course, the question now is how to rein in the prices - the Promoters have gotten a pretty good taste of the "green" recently...there are charges for parking, in some Shows there are charges for entrance fees during peak periods, food courts are becoming more commonplace. What's next? PortaPottie charges? (Oh yes, and the sink is extra...) (...and the map too?)

No, seriously, the Promoters need the cash to pay for the fencing they've all used (just about all) to enclose their fields.

Remember the time was, when you could walk from Show to Show and no fences in sight (and no entrance fees)?

(HINT :-)):
For new Show-goers, the trick is to avoid the entrance fees by skipping those shows, then come back later on in the day. Usually by 3:30 - 4:00 PM, all the money changers have gone home.

(The Board Administrator is feeling a little cranky today - sorry....)

jim finch

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've heard different views on arriving early for the show: what is available the days leading up to the official dates, that is, Sat/Sun/Mon?

Brian Flanagan

Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is threre any truth to the rumor that there is a "dealer day" prior to show opening where one might be able to sell items to interested dealers?

Cindy Dee

Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HIYA :-)

Thanks for this site to come to first of all. Are the dealers open to buying from the general public certain items they may be interested in or are they there just to sell?
I have a few items to sell and was wondering if a fair price could be realized . I am a novice when it comes to dealing in antiques and the thought of making a sale frightens me. The fear of getting
taken for a ride. Just wondering if I can be safe in my quest for selling my valuable items. Thank you and see ya there Banjo Man :-) I will look for ya !

AL Goss

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Cindy

Yup, if you've got something a dealer is interested in, he (or she) will definitely make you an offer. That said, you ought to have some idea what your stuff is worth, bearing in mind you'll get "wholesale" offers at the Show.

The Banjo Man will be strolling Wednesday afternoon, and will be located at NE Motel show on Saturday.

Administrator (Admin)

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great Question, Cindy Dee -
In fact, the first several days - the majority of selling is dealer to dealer. They are certainly there to buy as well as sell. With so many dealers, you could ask any number of dealers for their best price, (be sure to write down their names and locations because it all kinda blends together after a while), and return to the highest bidder.

Gotta love capitalism! Have a great time!

Cheryle Podgorski

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I am heading to Brimfield on Tues for the first time. I only have 3 hours...which shows should I visit? Or do you have any suggestions for this speed trip?

Thanks,
Cheryle

AL Goss

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Cheryle
You'll kick yourself for only having 3 hours! I'd start at the east end of town and work west as time allows.....3 hours is just a teaser!

Cyndi Middleton

Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I arrived at Brimfield at 6:30 a.m. today. The most expensive parking was $7 at the midway. I always park next to the Town Office/Library on the front lawn of a private home ($5.00). It is a bit of a hike (closest to J&J Promotions) but super easy to get out of and head straight to the Mass Pike when I leave around 1:30 pm. At 6:30 am there was very little traffic and parking was pretty easy. It seemed to get very crowded around 10:30-11:00 am. This is my third Brimfield. The earlier you can arrive, the better.

Al Goss

Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was there yesterday (Wednesday) as well, arriving around 12:30. I parked at the East end of town as well (saw $10 in front of the church) and had no trouble leaving town at 6, but still had a mess driving through Sturbridge to the Pike.

The crowds were good, the weather was not too cold, not too hot, not too windy, and no rain (or snow).....That's just about perfect for the Spring Show.

Thanks to all the many, many folks (including the gal manning the ambulance on the East end of town) for stopping me and asking for a tune....Oh yes, I am the Banjo Guy.

J L

Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am planning to meet a friend at Brimfield on Saturday. Are there any landmarks that we can meet at or any designated meeting places? Thanks so much.

Administrator (Admin)

Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

JL- We suggest in front of the large white Congregational Church in the center of Town...its the "front door" to the Show, and you can't miss it!

JL

Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks so much-greatly appreciated

wendyjill

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am planning to visit tomorrow (Sunday) for the first time. Can anyone offer a recommended arrival time? I'm assuming the earlier the better, but a specific recommendation will be so helpful. Also, given that it's the last day, what time should I expect that dealers start to wrap up?

Thank you.

Administrator (Admin)

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WendyJill,
The Show officially opens at daybreak, so expect to see people milling around early. Usually, we skip breakfast, hit the Show around 9:00AM, walk till 10:00, grab breakfast before the crowds build up around the food courts, and while everyone else is eating, we have more room to maneuver and browse.

It is not unusual to see some dealers packing around 1:00PM; by 3:00 PM there is a definite decline in the # of dealers and by sun-down, when the Show ends, there is usually a mass exodus and traffic jam.

Our recommendation, arrive as early as possible, eat early, browse a little more and leave early to beat traffic. And seek alternate ways of exit aside from Rt 20 to Sturbridge. OK? Al??? Agree???

Al Goss

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi There ADMIN

Yup, you're right on with your advice - as usual. Actually, for me, it doesn't seem to matter whether I backtrack to Palmer or Warren, or just tough it out in the Sturbridge traffic....takes about the same amount of time..At least, by backtracking, I have the illusion of progress, because I am constantly moving.

Was it my imagination, or were the crowds a bit above average this show?

Administrator (Admin)

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Al and All Visitors,

Well, we tested the roads on different days - into Brimfield, out of Brimfield, via Palmer and Sturbridge, and it seemed to us that traffic was quite a bit slower than usual and that the number of visitors was also heavier. Course that really depends on when and where you went.

We are checking now with a few of the Promoters to get a feel from them as to how well attended they felt it was, and will post our findings.

There was one rather tragic note during the show, in that a pedestrian was hit and killed by a car, I believe near the Congregational Church on Rt 19.

Should there be any who witnessed this event, please contact brimfieldshow.com.

We do not believe that this has ever happened before in the history of the show, and it demonstrates that both foot traffic and motor traffic can be perilous at times... and that because of the great number of people and cars that extra care and vigilance must be exercised by all, at all times. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, and we hope this NEVER happens again at the Shows.

More to come...

LKells

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We attended Brimfield for the first time ever on Sat. I am a dealer on Antique Alley in Northwood NH but just never got to Brimfield before. Left NH in our motorhome at 3a.m. & arrived about 6 a.m. & parked for $10 at Shady Pines. Nice, almost a campground feel under the trees & good mid-way location. It was a cold start to the day but we really enjoyed it & wish we had been able to do 2 days. We didn't leave til about 7p.m. & there were no traffic tie ups at all. From whatI saw the whole event was very well done!

Bill L

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you LOST Money.......
If ypu can tell me what coffee shop you were in at approx 9:30 Sunday morning 5/18/2003, and the amount I will mail it to you...

Thank you,
Bill (508)949-6893

Lisa Mankita

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am interested in crafts and silk flower arrangements. Will I see any of these items at the fair? Also, what is the parking situation for the those who need handicapped parking?

Andrea Clay

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to decide whether to come to the July or September shows - can anyone tell me which is better as far as variety, crowds, weather? Any input is helpful - we're coming all the way from Georgia! Also, if we decide to drive and pull a trailer (to haul home any great finds) is there parking that would accomodate a vehicle with a trailer for the public (not a dealer)? Any tips on the best shows / vendors to find Mission/Arts and Crafts furniture? Looking forward to it! Thanks for any input!

Nikki

Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there,

is the show only for antique dealers (and buyers) or can you find other items there as well?

Barb

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
We are not dealers, but have a house full of items we would like to sell. My question is, how much do spaces cost to rent? A rough idea on cost to let us know if it would be worth lugging these items up there. We would like to fill our camper and sleep in it at night. Can you recommend a lot that allows this?
thank you,
Barb

whatzmyline

Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi: Never been but dying to come to Brimfield - I'm interested in selling vintage clothing in September - are there still open spots? Do many people sell clothes - is there a market? Do you have to have your own table/tent/etc? I'm just wondering what to expect somewhat before pursuing this further.... Thanks SO much, it looks like a blast!
Kristine

Teresa Morgan

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which show dates (Spring, Summer or Fall) typically draw the most exhibitors? I want to plan my trip for 2006.

AlGoss

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Always the May show draws the best crowd of exhibitors and shoppers.

Kelly Coffman (Kelly)

Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I noticed that "Mays Antique Show" is listed for the upcoming show in May 2006, but it does not state the opening day or hours. Is that field not participating? Thank you

Al Goss (Algoss)

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kelly

Mays always opens the Thursday of the show week (and if you want to find anything there, plan to be there opening day)

amy derma (Bostonrumbledoll)

Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

first timer...

i read in an article that arriving early on opening day may be a mistake for a "looker" as the dealers are aggressively dealing to other dealers. another article said that waiting till the weekend means all the wonderful stuff will be gone.

I am someone who is just hoping to find something that I fall in love with for my new house, nothing particular in mind..just looking for something pretty, likley something to hang on my bare walls

when should i come?

M (Brk)

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

amy derma,

as a first timer during the last May show, I can say that the best times for a looker are early in the morning or as soon as a field opens, and late in the afternoon or a few hours after the field opens.

That's when you can walk through quick enough to see and look at the most pieces.

In more comfortable hours too many people are there walking slowly and pretty randomly and always in the way!

VALETA ROSS (valeta57)
Username: valeta57

Posted From: 69.19.14.30

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'M LOOKING FOR A WOODEN TABLETALK PIE BOX AND A WOODEN JELLO BOX TO PURCHASE. PLANNING TO BE AT THE FAIR ON SATURDAY MAY 17TH. THANK YOU!

Martin Hanness (oldcinema)
Username: oldcinema

Posted From: 82.44.197.156

Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We fill a 20' container and need a place to park it with good access for the week as close to showground as possible. Any offers? e-mail us back on: martin.hanness@theoldcinema.co.uk

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration