Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * About The Show * First-timer seeks advice < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

R Clay Smith (dasbullihaus)
Username: dasbullihaus

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 75.194.215.255

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's a food stand on Route 20 that sells "The Pilgrim Sandwich" and also sells breakfast wraps. I highly recommend them. Myself, for 1 day, I would pick Wednesday. But I will say it's tough to hit everything in just 1 day. I wouldn't downplay paid fields, while I will say some of them made me wonder why I paid -- for the most part they're usually well worth it. I figure the paid fields are just part of the whole Brimfield experience. Myself, I honestly think that Hertan's is probably the best all-around field, which is part of the reason why I chose that field to set up in.

Myself I wouldn't try using a wagon, even for furniture. I think it will end up restricting you too much. I use a good handtruck with pneumatic tires with a large milk-crate like basket attached to the base. I don't buy furniture, but could easily make furniture work on that set-up. You definitely want something to secure whatever you buy -- rope, straps, bungie cords or a mix. There also is of course porters-for-hire all over the place. Big item people will for the most part work with you and figure out a way to make everything happen.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aili McKeen (aili)
Username: aili

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 64.252.68.99

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've already read the FAQ on the main site and know to park near the center of the town, bring bags & packing materials to keep my stuff safe, but I also want to get the most bang for my buck, and I'm only there one day. Which fields have free admission (I am hoping to visit a bunch of free shows and pay to get into one or two). Which shows are your favorites? Where is the best food court?

I'm also interested in furniture, would toting around a little red wagon be practical? Or would a hand-truck/cart be better?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration