Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * Collecting and Collections * Looking for African mask dealer < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Wagner (david_aust)
Username: david_aust

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 68.187.214.29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got an excellent mask in July from an African dealer. His masks and other goods were all quite old and Native-used. They were smoky and rough. They all had a common aesthetic, quite clearly all picked individually by one man in Africa. I asked, and he confirmed that they were all hand picked by him in the region of his homeland. Most were Bapendi. A little research made clear that these were Western Bapendi (Twilu).

This show I saw a different African dealer with good things, but less wild seeming, a different people and aesthetic. Also he was a bit more assimilated in his salesman demeanor.

I did not locate the first dealer at this show. But I have his phone number from the July show. I am guessing that it is the first dealer you are seeking. (The one with Bapendi masks and spear-blade 'money'; not the one I just met with the giant bird mask.)

I wonder if he'd want me to post his number here, as it will bring him business; or should I convey his phone number to you more privately. You can email me at mdwag@comcast.net if you wish.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas Twyman (ttwym)
Username: ttwym

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 98.110.225.42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No problem here! I'd just like to know how to contact the dealer in African masks I met the last day of the show. I bought a couple of masks from him, and would like to get more. I'd like to know if he's coming to Brimfield next year, if so when, and if he'll be in the Boston area at any other time.

Ttwym

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration