Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * Collecting and Collections * Vintage 1950's Dinette Sets < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Linda Otterson (lotter)
Username: lotter

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 74.104.168.224

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking for Castro Convertible (or similar) expandable dining buffet set

Sharon Bart (srbart)
Username: srbart

Posted From: 98.160.101.105

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A lot of these posts are old but in case anyone new comes along, I ran across this site that sells some repair parts. http://www.classickitchensandmore.com/

Patricia W (pwilliams1023)
Username: pwilliams1023

Posted From: 96.18.18.111

Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have my grandmothers 1950's chrome table & chairs. I need to replace the double rubber tips on the table legs AND the shim pins that hold the legs to the table. PLEASE HELP!!! If you know of any place that these items can be purchased PLEASE e-mail me and let me know ASAP.

HGipson

Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been looking for the perfect vintage 1950's dinette set and have been having problems finding it both on and offline. Looking to spend about $300.00 plus another $50-$100 for shipping if necessary. Can anyone help?

LE Gorman

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a table that was purchased in the early 50's....its that black with a bronze band...the surface is suppose to imitate marble...usually you will see them in a gray...black is most unusual

J Ridgley

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you still looking for 50's dinettes sets? We run across them from time to time. We have a set now - green and white with 4 chairs. Contact me.

marlin collingwood

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try "Vintage Vending" in New Hampshire.

www.vintagevending.com

Paul Siegel

Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I own a 1950s dinette set and need to replace the rubber floor-protector tips on the legs. The legs are of the style in which two legs fuse, four times... I need special DOUBLE tips... anyone know where to "score" them?

Nile

Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have six high back (and camel humped at the top) steel tube chairs with peach, tangerine, yellow (two shades) and beige foliage (large leaves) pattern in vinyl. Padded seat and back 90% cotton and 10% nylon. There are only two bent metal pieces that make the legs, frame and two steel columns that go up each side to hold up the back (which are capped with a decorative brass fitting) are all one integrated piece. Each chair is substantial meaning that they are very firm and weigh about 32 pounds each.They are painted (original paint) canary yellow. Each chair is perfect, never seen the sun. not a problem with them. They all have four brass (original very thick and well made, substantial) feet that have a swivel device to hit the floor evenly with the others. They are made by Douglas Furniture in their factory in El Segundo, CA, 1957. I read the whole history of the company. Here it is. http://www.douglasfurniture.com/Douglas_history/Bt m_history.htm
The bottoms of every chair is perfect with the original heavy cardboard bottom (hardly a scratch and all are solidly attached) which has all of this information printed on the bottom. Did I mention that there is a matching table with a missing leaf but is in perfect shape, same original paint, and has a Formica pine wood plank patten on top, which matches one of the colors in the chair vinyl. Douglas Furniture is still in business and is huge. I would like to sell if interested. Sorry, no pictures yet. I just got this set today. Sincerely, Nile Hight

Christine J. Grey

Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am seeking a red topped chrome legged table with matching red and chrome chairs to make my kitchen look like my mom's.

Linda Wallace

Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a dinette set purchased in 1950. Original black iron with grapes and leaves. Pink laminate table top with a small piece of edging missing. Six high back chairs with the original pink under a still good green vynal. A couple of the chairs are missing a piece of decor or two. Not bad.

Jessica Allen

Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can get a red table and matching red chairs "just like mom's" at

Vintage Castle
http://vintagecastle.com

CK

Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 1950's dinette set. Chrome legs. Table is yellow formica. Chairs have green seats and yellow backs. I'm looking for some extra chairs that would blend with it.

Melissa Izquierdo

Posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chrome edging for dinettes. Does anyone know where to get chrome edging to repair vintage dinette tables? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'd appreciate any help. (I live in S. Florida)

John Nizic

Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a vintage formica and chrome kitchen table and four chairs in yellow made by Virtue bros. of Calif. The table is the type with fold down sides so it could be stored in a small area.The condition of the formica,vinyl and chrome is excellent.I would like to know how much something like this is worth.

april bunker

Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a perfect 1950 kitchen table with the leaf, it is gray cracked ice with a floral pattern on the top just around the edge and the chrome edging. I was wondering what it is worth.

RUSTY

Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a vintage 1950's yellow ice formica table and 4 chairs and the top is dull can anyone tell me how to "refresh" the top, also someone painted the chrome legs how can I get the paint off without damaging the chrome...any help would be great..Thanks....Rusty

taborgia

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 1950s formica and chrome table with a yellow top that is missing the leaf. Does anyone happen to know where I can get one?

Richard Lopez

Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a house in hollywood florida. The house was built in the 50's and the wall oven and counter top stove were hardly used since 1957 by the original owner. Recently we renovated our kitchen. This incredible oven and stovetop were made by General electric and after all these years, they seem new. They just don't make then like this anymore. Does anyone wish to have these items that are not retro fifties but are fifties?

Rick Carpenter

Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking to repair our 50s formica-and-chrome table. It has a 3/4 inch plywood top base under the formica. Some of the screws on the sliders underneath are stripped out causing the top to sag, and that is the part I want to fix. As we want to keep the extension in permanently, I thought about screwing in box-section or angle iron braces and forgetting about repairing the sliders altogether. However, I am worried about the relatively thin (3/4 inch) top base and the assumed brittleness of the old plywood. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Kathy D

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a 1950s dinette set and need to replace the rubber floor-protector tips on the legs. The legs are of the style in which two legs fuse, four times... I need special DOUBLE tips. The table require the rubber to go on the outside covering the leg tip. The 4 chairs have a double tip also. These rubber tips actually go on the inside of the chair legs. Does anyone know where I can get these? Thanks

lonnie boyle (Lonnieto)

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Douglas Dinette
Have a 1950s Douglas dinette, wrought iron base, octoganal wood grain formica table top, 4 upholstered seat chairs with iron frames.

Jeanne Chase (Jchase1028)

Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for 2 or 4 green vinyl and chrome dinette chairs. I have the cracked ice table from my youth, but need the chairs. Our chairs had the handle across the back and straight legs, not the S shape.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration