Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * Collecting and Collections * Racetrack wood dining table < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

robert rendo (Rrendo)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

would anyone know where in the entire show there are dealers or whole sections of dealers that sell older wooden racetrack dining tables? my wife and i are looking for one built in the usa or western europe that is preferably dark wood, solid wood (no mdf), heavy weight, and between 8 and 14 feet long (preferably without extensions) and at least 3 feet wide. reproductions would be acceptable, and we would prefer a bull nose edge with contouring/molding and a lip running around the table. the color we had in mind was dark cherry , mahagoney, or dark walnut. we might even be able to go with black. we would like this to be a pedestal base, one or two underneathe, depending on the length.

please, please advise if ANYONE knows!

much obliged,

robert
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colene Abramson (littlenell)
Username: littlenell

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 24.91.18.91

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not sure what a racetrack table is. We have an older, heavy, mahogany veneer (dark) that was my mother-in-laws; it has a pedestal base, and a bunch of leaves that extends it to a large size (some of the leaves don't match, but we use a table pad with it). It would need some restoration and refinishing. It's a wonderful table which we've used for Thanksgiving and Seders for many years, in her house and ours. Not our style, and a renovation makes it not fit now, either. Let me know if you're interested, and if so I'll get my husband to put it together and photograph it. It is not apart and stored. If no takers we will donate it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration