Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
BrimfieldShow Bulletin Board * Lodging & Accommodations * Best Place - Location & Rates < Previous Next >

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

R Clay Smith (dasbullihaus)
Expert
Username: dasbullihaus

Post Number: 13
Posted From: 24.218.127.213

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am not sure of the motel but I think I have driven by it. Looked fine if it is the one I think it is.

To get up to the show your easiest is to go north on I91(N) to I90 east to exit 8. Take a right and then a left at the light to RT20 east. Figure about an hour to get up to the show. Hartford will be the worse traffic, I would get through there before 7.

And you will see tons of people

Martin Grant (mtoddg67)
Username: mtoddg67

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 65.113.48.98

Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I currently have a Super 8 hotel room reserved in Rocky Hill CT. I am just wondering if anyone has stayed there before and if they have any opinions on the location. What would be the best way to get to the show from Rocky Hill? Thanks and hope to see a ton of people there.

R Clay Smith (dasbullihaus)
Advanced Member
Username: dasbullihaus

Post Number: 5
Posted From: 75.237.227.16

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diana Yes the shows are going strong. Last year there was a bit of a slow with a few less dealers but the fall show seemed to pick up. All of the local dealers around us are all feeling great about this year, even talking about it being the best ever this spring.

Al Goss (algoss)
Username: algoss

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 76.24.135.157

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Diana - Yup the shows are still going strong, though the July show is the smallest of the three. Even in July there's lots to see and good hunting. Enjoy the show!

Al Goss (algoss)
Username: algoss

Posted From: 76.24.135.157

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol

There are a lot of hotel rooms in the Worcester area, and that's a lot closer to the show than Boston. From Worcester, even on Rt 20 vs the Pike, you can be in Brimfield in half to three quarters of an hour. Enjoy the show!

Carol (ohgoodie)
Username: ohgoodie

Posted From: 67.11.20.143

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My best friend and I are coming from San Antonio Texas to the May show. We are flying in to Boston and will be there from Monday until Sunday. Where should newbys stay. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.
Smiles,
Carol

Diana Ethington (diana)
Username: diana

Posted From: 71.104.216.197

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We will be flying into Hartford to attend the shows in July, has the economy taken it's toll on the shows or are they still going strong? Any information would be appreciated.

Angela J Leonhart (angieleonhart)
Username: angieleonhart

Posted From: 76.228.123.150

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Planning a trip to Brimfield this July. Don't mind driving a bit from accomodations and am considering a B and B along the coast. Any suggestions?

louis (bostondoc)
Username: bostondoc

Posted From: 75.130.101.82

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no worries, The Hearthstone Inn is back!! new owners have reopened the Inn.

Brimfieldshow. Admin (admin)
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 96.39.19.122

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Larry,

Unfortunately the Hearthstone Inn closed a couple of years ago. It remains unoccupied, looking for the right owner.

Unfortunately, quite a few of Sturbridge favorites have closed or left the area.

LARRY BISHOP (bishtwo)
Username: bishtwo

Posted From: 24.150.64.144

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We stayed at a B&B in Sturbridge a few years back called the Hearthstone. Anyone know if it is still open??, their listed phone # has been disconnected. Beautiful property to be left vacant or unused.

Gayle

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I plan to make my first trip to Brimfield in 2004. I'm trying to plan reservations but I'm a little confused by it all. To the veterans of the show out there - Help! Can anyone give me a clue about the best place to stay and an idea of the rates? I would prefer to be close to the show, and realize this is not the cheapest way so if someone has a great idea, I'd appreciate it. I would also like to sneak in a question about which of the three shows is best to attend - size and weather wise.

Thanks a bunch.

Gayle

KK

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are more than three shows. What day(s) do you want to attend? There are new shows opening almost every day.

Weather and size wise, you ask? Well it is impossible to predict the weather so just bring clothing for hot and wet in July and Sept and cold and damp in May. Of course is can be 75 and sunny at any moment...so just be prepared!!

All the motels on Route 20 are pricey during show week so your best bet is to stay outside town (I stay with my sister in Newton...45 miles away). I stayed at a motel about 10 years ago (names escapes me) for $169 a night...rip off city.....

JLang

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I am planning a trip to Brimfield (for the first time)on July 8-10,2003. Would like to know best shows for reasonably priced items, and best and cheapest lodging towns nearby. Thanks!

Beth Loftin

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it too late to make reservations for this sept show? Are their other shows before the sept 2-7 show? Is Worcester, Ma. close enough to drive back and forth? Flying in from Louisiana would we fly into to Boston or Worcester itself. I am Southern and never have had the pleasure of getting way up there. Would really appreciate any help in pulling off this Sept. show season. Thanks to anyone who will respond.

Al Goss

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Beth

The Worcester Airport is closed for all intents and purposes. No commercial flights presently.

Worcester is plenty close to drive to the Brimfield Market...about 1/2 hr to 40 minutes depending on the time of day.

Closest airport to Worcester is probably Providence RI...it's the T.F. Green Airport.

Nina Wall

Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are planning to go to July or Sept 04 show. Looking for moderate price accomodations. We are taking the auto train from Sanford Fl to Lorton, Va then driving to Brimfield. Looking for 2 days to attend Brimfield then just sightseeing in New England. This is 2nd time for us in area. Any good info> Thanks

Al Goss

Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nina

Sturbridge offers the closest moderate accomodations, with several hotels/motels/restaurants within 8 miles of the show. As long as you're planning this far ahead, you should be okay.

What else are you planning to see while in New England? We have nice beaches and pretty mountain scenery here as well. Rtes 20, 9 and 2 all run east/west with 9 and 2 offering great vistas as you head west. I'd avoid Boston in July as the DNC is in town, and things are apt to be hectic.

Welcome to NE

Kathy Stayton

Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are planning a vacation to New England this summer - from July 9th through the 18th. We are making Brimfield our first stop for two days. Where it the best place to lodge that is not too far away. Also any advice you could give would be appreciated as it is our first time in the area as a family (I have visited New England before in the fall). Also planning to see Mystic Seaport, Newport, and Plymouth during the week after Brimfield. Thanks.

Richard

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking for the campground that is very very close to the show for a class c camper...would love to be able to walk to the shows...Richard

Beverly Thompson

Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are planning our first trip to the show in May and would like to find moderate hotel or motel accomdations in the area.I wasn't aware that there 3 shows, can you explain that and which are the best ones.What else is in the area to see at this time. Thank you, Beverly

Al Goss

Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gayle

I'm sort of local so can't help you much with accomodations - except that Sturbridge is closest to the shows. Springfield to the West and Worcester to the East each have a lot of hotel/motel rooms.

As to the weather....It's pretty much of a crap shoot. May can be lovely or you could see snow. In 02, the Saturday of the May show saw rain and snow. July and Sept are more apt to be dry, but are also apt to be hot (by our standards anyhow). We don't get oppressive humidity, so the "hot" is usually bearable. May draws the biggest crowds (and dealers) followed by Sept and July.
Hope this helps.

Bob Cy

Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to know the May 2005 show dates....
Help , please.....

Bill Kappa

Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only choices in Brimfield are a handfull of B&B's. The one we used was $150/night. Sturbridge hotels can be pricey also. We found the Southbridge Hotel, which is only 5 miles south of Sturbridge. It is new and less than $100/night. We're staying there again in May.

Carolee

Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 3:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking forward to my first 'treasure hunt' in Brimfield this Sept(04), but ... am deterred somewhat by the pricey accommodations (and I have to convert to US$ as well - ha ha ha) Is it too far fetched (in this day & age of degenerative society) to think there may be another single person willing to split the tab on a room for a night or two?? ETA - Thurs 9th / Fri 10th.

Michele

Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 7:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My husband and I just got back from the Sept show. Wow-we loved it. Everyone was great. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Sturbridge. I am sure we didn't see all there was to see but we came home with some treasures we love. We then drove up through Salem to Gloucester and loved that too. We will definately return again.

Fran

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone ever heard of or stayed at the Pine Grove Motel?

mark horowitz

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for a place to pitch a tent for the July and September 2005 shows. Any suggestions?

Hands Up

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Planning on our first trip to Brimfield, how does it all work? Any local Cops or Fireman, send me an email.

Scott Joseph Chapman (brimsfield13)
Username: brimsfield13

Posted From: 69.243.82.117

Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking for a moderate priced room for 2 during 2008 Shows. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration